Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Can Name that Tune in 2 Notes!

Some of the younger people reading this will wonder where that statement came from!  I do not mean to sound boastful... But I have a gift.  I have the gift of music.  No, no, I do not mean to imply that I can sing or play an instrument.  In fact, I can hardly play the radio.  No, my gift is in music recognition and music retention.  I can sing almost every song from the 70's and 80's word for word and better than that, I can name the song and the artist of many of those within the first couple of seconds of the song.  Before you turn green with envy, (It could happen) let me share the downside of this gift.  I have a really hard time remembering other, much more important things in my life.  Like, how to "love my wife like Christ loves the church."(Eph. 5:25)  or to "Hide your word in my heart that I might not sin against you" (Psalm 119:11) Sometimes I forget to remember the miracles of yesterday or the day before.  How many times does Jesus have to show us how much He loves us before we really believe it?  In Matthew chapter 15 Jesus had compassion for those He was teaching and admonished the disciples to feed them.  They were concerned because they only had 7 loaves of bread and a few small fish (verse 34)  Wait, this sounds way too familiar.  Yep, we had a similar experience in chapter 14 except it was 5 loaves and 2 fish.  How could the disciples forget this incredible provision that was made.  Yet, I still myself struggle with doubting at times if Jesus will show up in my life when I need Him most.

What an incredibly difficult truth for me to grasp in my own life  I can remember the words to my favorite songs from 20 years ago, but at times I forget how much my savior has done for me!

God, I pray that you would help us to be ever mindful of your love for us.  Let us not forget the sacrifices you have made in order to save us and show your love and compassion for us.  I pray you would help us to remember to remember you in everything!  Amen.

Waiting on Him,
ML



No comments:

Post a Comment